If you are looking to create additional living space but do not have a garage or cellar to convert, or have the space for an extension then a loft conversion could be the answer. Rooms in the roof make for an attractive living space and are very popular. With sloping ceilings and skylight windows, loft rooms can enhance your home by creating different and interesting areas in which to work and live.
GCS Build can offer the full design and build service for your proposed loft conversion.
We will deal with all aspects of the loft conversion from planning to the final decoration. A member of our team will always be on hand to answer any questions you may have throughout the conversion.
You may not want to convert your whole loft you may just want a small dormer to extend a bedroom or bathroom. GCS Build can advise you every step of the way.
What To Expect
- After your enquiry, if you do not already have architectural drawings which we will need to offer a fixed quotation, we arrange for an architect to visit you to give you advice and offer a quote for doing your drawings. At this stage he will asses whether you will need planning permission for the proposed loft conversion.
- After we have a copy of the drawings we will then provide you with a detailed quotation.
- We will then submit a planning application if necessary.
- At the same time we will submit your building notice form, which informs the local authority of the impending works. So the building inspector can come out and check the work during the conversion.
- Supply scaffolding if necessary.
- Create opening in roof for access
- Fit the structural steel support beams for the floor
- Create dormer if required
- Fit the new floor joists
- Complete all the work on the dormer by the roofer, including roof tiles, Creating insulated 3 layer felt roof if necessary, guttering, etc.
- Create insulated stud walls to create separate rooms in the conversion if necessary
- First fix electrics and plumbing
- Insulation of all walls to meet building regulations
- Fit windows
- Fit new stair case
- Plasterboard conversion
- Plaster the conversion
- Second fix all the electrics and plumbing and heating
- Supply and fit doors, architrave and skirting to the conversion
- Clearing away all rubbish and give the conversion and surrounding areas a full clean
- Gain final building certificate
- Hand over 10 year guarantee
As a company we employ no sales people meaning from the initial inquiry to the hand over of your building certificate you will deal with the fully qualified tradesmen which will be carrying out your loft conversion.
You will be happy in the knowledge that all of our loft conversions always comply with current building regulations and a 10 year guarantee is issued on completion of each conversion.
As a company we are comprehensively insured for your piece of mind.
With the GCS Build you can feel confident that the service you are paying for will be professional, of the highest quality and carried out with care and concern by reliable people.